Saturday, February 22, 2014

Spirit Photos, Fact or Faked?

Welcome!

I was recently looking around the Internet and came across two things I thought might interest you.

One is an ad on Ebay that I thought was intriguing-a vintage photograph for sell that shows a "ghostly man" and an "invisible lady" from the spirit world.  It's from a dealer in New York that specializes in vintage post cards and photos.  It's the original photo for only $4.99 plus shipping which I thought was pretty good.  You might want to take a look at it before it sells, or you might even be interested in buying it yourself!  You can just go on Ebay and type in "spirit photographs," and it should come up.  It was on the first page when I was there.  Check it out and see what you think!

The other thing that I found interesting was a blog that has old Victorian photographs of the spirit world that were for the most part faked.  The blog author explains that there was a lot of death around Victorian times, and that the photographers figured out how to fake pictures of people shown with their deceased loved ones.  That was really popular during that era.  I find these photos fascinating.

The lady's specific blog post I was referring to is:  bluehourstudio.blogspot.com/2011/09/spooky-victorian-spirit-photography.html .

On the other hand, none of the photos in my book, "Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind" were faked.  They are real-over a hundred of them, taken by my brother, husband, me, and others.  Neither Greg nor I are very technical.  We wouldn't have the first clue on how to fake anything like that.  It's so much easier just to point the camera and shoot, and a good percentage of the time, when the conditions are right, strange things magically appear!

Here's a paranormal photo, similar to one in my book (100% real!)-


This antique mirror is featured in "Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind" by Becky Arnott.

Thanks for visiting!  Until next Saturday, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment