Friday, September 13, 2013

The Fear Factor

Welcome!




I thought I'd write a post about fear, as it's something that has been on my mind lately.

First of all, in the recent past, because of my husband's old work schedule, I had to be by myself for a while after dark.  You know how that can be.  No matter who you are or what your age, every creaking sound that you hear, you imagine to be someone or something ominous.  This can put your nerves on edge.

My fear became so bad that, as I said in my 9/1/13 blog post, I had a psychic come in and investigate our house.  She assured me that everything would be fine if we got rid of  just one item.  She said to never let spirits know that you are afraid of them.  Although we still have a few spirits in our house that are attached to furniture that we really like, she said that those spirits are not harmful.  Greg and I just decided to co-exist with them, so now everything seems fine.  They're in their world, and we're in ours.  Sometimes we're afraid of things because we don't understand them.

We are all so different in the things that we fear.  For example, taking pictures of spirits doesn't bother me at all.  I think it's just terribly interesting and intriguing.  However, one woman, after quickly scanning through my book, Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind , said, "That book's scary!" which surprised me, because I had just written it to document our encounters with the spirit world with words and pictures. 

If readers feel that my book is scary, I guess that's a good thing, because it's akin to going into a Halloween haunted house or seeing a scary movie.  Being scared in a safe environment can be entertaining.

What others have said about fear:

-"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."
  -Christian Nestell Bovee
-"...-Fear activates the enemy."
  -Joel Osteen
-"As a child, I was more afraid of tetanus shots than, for example, Dracula."
  -Dave Barry

Hope your Friday the 13th went well!

Thanks for visiting!  Until next Saturday, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment