Saturday, January 18, 2014

Is the Paranormal Evil?

Welcome!


This blog post is somewhat of a continuation of last week's post, "A Talent for the Paranormal," in which I tried to explain that we are all psychic to varying degrees; it's just a little more developed in some people than in others.  Some people are just naturally more talented than others in their psychic abilities (just like in art, for example), but we all can learn to develop that talent to become better psychics.  Psychic ability is a God-given talent and is not evil unless it's misused, just like anything else.


You may see a ghost or hear footsteps or other strange noises when no one else is in the house or you might capture orbs on film, but that doesn't make you evil.  In the same way, there are people who are professional psychics who are good at sensing the paranormal almost any time.  That doesn't make them evil just because they have outstanding psychic abilities.  The only difference between the average person and a professional psychic is a matter of degree.


Some people may think that the hundred or so photos in my book, "Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind" are weird or evil.  Not so!  Spirits and ghosts are all around us whether we care to admit it or not.  They're just on a different plane than we are, and when conditions are right, and psychic ability comes into play, the camera simply picks up the image of that entity.  Just like on our plane of existence, there are good and evil spirits in the spirit world.  In fact, I'd sometimes rather come in contact with someone from the spirit world than I would some of the people I know here on Earth!


When I participated in the "Ghosts of the Gap" event in Big Stone Gap, I demonstrated taking a picture of a grid in an antique mirror.  People were amazed that I could do that, but I encouraged others to try, and a couple of participants were able to duplicate what I had done.  You just don't know until you try.  At that same event, a woman looked at me and said, "I have the ability to take a lot of paranormal photos like you do."  I asked her if she felt weird about it, and she said she didn't.  She has just accepted it as part of who she is; it's her gift.


Let me know about any paranormal feats you or someone else you know have accomplished.  Who knows?  You might just end up in a second paranormal book I'm working on.


Although some people can't seem to handle my present book, "Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind," (because of the subject matter), I've had some really nice comments, as well.  Many have described my book as "awesome," "interesting," "terrific," and "excellent."


I do appreciate all of your nice comments, your support of my "Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind" Facebook page (through your "likes," etc.), and those of you who have bought my book and are recommending  it to others.


Thanks for visiting!  Until next Saturday, Becky


(Note: I'll resume putting photos on my blogs when I get a technical concern taken care of.)  (Update-I have resolved this issue, thankfully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment